Classroom Projects: The Tea Box

This fall, I made an effort to produce a “high-quality” product – and by this I mean hardwoods, nice finishes, proper construction techniques and professional quality work.  This effort resulted in the “Tea Box” project.  I also tried to maximize the amount and quantity of hand tools used versus the necessity of power tools.

I was very pleased with the results.  I chose to use glued butt joints – no mechanical fasteners of any kind.  The quality of a student’s saw work determines his box’s integrity.  I especially enjoyed the chance to use walnut and maple in a project.  We sold two out of four boxes during the various craft fairs my work participates in.  I’m still working out the kinks of selling the products.  I’ve blogged pictures before (along with a plug for Guy Clark) but haven’t shown the full process.  So here it is..

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Make it safe & keep the rubber side down.

3 thoughts on “Classroom Projects: The Tea Box

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s