In February, I learned the necessity of insurance, family, cash-in-your-pocket and good-quality plumbing. My house flooded – and I’m talking spectacular water-from-the-ceiling, I-hope-this-never-happens-to-a-house-I-own flood.
Every room in my house received flood damage. We moved out for a month and the landlord gave us a new house (ok, his insurance did). I will say this: we got lucky and it could have been worse. I saved our expensive things from harm, my landlord had insurance. This could have gone worse. I count my blessings.
As the contractors worked tirelessly to fix the damage (new lighting fixtures, new kitchen, new floors, new carpet, new tiles, new paint, new drywall…..), I painted my boys’ room. Some results:
The Tool Primer for Painting a Room after the jump!