I ended the year with an exploration of music. I used xylophones, pendulums and windchimes to explore frequency, wavelenght, pitch, volume, etc. I probably should have found a way to incorporate physical waves, but a trip to the beach was out of the question and I met disaster in my attempts at building a wave pool. We did, however, create a pretty sweet 2×4 xylophone and frame.
Make it safe & keep the rubber side down this weekend.
This week’s word: Prototypes. Brought to you by the letter C for cardboard.
What a week! My students spent last week drawing and planning and designing and planning and planning. We got outside this week!
My chair group is off to a fast start. Both “makers” have created cardboard prototypes for their chairs, while the “mending” crew has put a coat of pink acrylic on a repaired kitchen chair. I will be milling parts this weekend to save my students some construction time.
The drum casings have been prototyped also (I was looking for sizes and the students could get a feel for the construction process).
Bigger and better next week!
Make it safe & keep the rubber side down.